1. Whose message is the text that comprises the book of Hosea?
2. Through whom is the message conveyed?
3, The first verse of chapter one has three parts: (1) The Word of Jehovah that was to Hosea, (2) the son of Beeri, (3) in the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz and Hezekiah, kings of Judah, and in the days of Jeroboam, the son of Joash, king of Israel. What do each of the parts signify at the beginning of the writing?
4. Who was Hosea's wife and why did Hosea marry her?
5. What were the names of Hosea's children?
6. What is a "wife of harlotry" and "children of harlotry"?
7. How does Verses 10-11 work with the names of the three children of Hosea?
a. What/Who does Gomer represent?
b. Who is Israel in these verses if the kingdom of Israel, as history shows, ceased to exist about 720 BC?